Tuesday, April 12, 2016

RISING

"Let your joy rise to the surface."  This quote was sent to me recently by good friend Michelle. The timing of it was interesting as I had been thinking about how practicing art daily has done that for me.  
I will admit here that the past few months have not all been fun and games. It was often a struggle to maintain my usual sunny disposition and at times I could even feel myself depressing. Stuck, I had no idea where to go with art or life or much of anything else.  There were bright moments, but merely that...moments.
Along came the challenge to do a Round Robin art journal.  Against my own poor advice, I jumped in.  Somehow, this led to the One a Day challenge I set myself. And the joy just started bubbling up.
We all get down sometimes, but I think artists are fortunate to have the time and materials to leave the bleak and let the joy head for the surface.

Journal page for Round Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment