Monday, July 25, 2016

INSPIRATION

One Way just for roads--not art!
So often at the Sawdust Art Festival and in workshops I am asked (as so many other artists are as well) where inspiration comes from. There is no one way, that is for sure. Pablo Picasso said it so well I won't try to top it:  The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place:from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web. Nowhere does this seem more true than in mixed media work.  The mind of a child is likely a must as well, or at least the essence of that mind is necessary. And, as Picasso also said, inspiration has to find us working. I vote for doing more things like the 50 One-A-Days I did earlier this year. As soon as this festival season is over, I will be right back at it, I think.  I can hardly wait. Why don't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment