Friday, November 11, 2016

MIXING IT UP FOR SOME CHANGE

Time for some change!  As I ponder the future--at least the coming year of 2017--I think it is time to mix things up a bit for the Mixed Media Playtime. Lots of ideas are playing around in my brain and a few are starting to come to fruition. 
First, I am scheduling workshops in my space that will be taught by other artisans.  This way, we can have a variety of techniques that may not be my forte'. And sometimes it will just be to change things up some. So far what is promised is a junk mail book, some encaustic collage, and enameling on copper.  For each of these, students will go home with at least one project completed or nearly so.
I am also hoping to push myself to more project-oriented classes on occasion. I still like the idea of giving students a lot of mixed media techniques in one session, but realize some folks just don't roll that way.
All of this also means the same low price of $65 may not apply and sometimes there may be a materials list, but I have held the line on that price for a very long time, even while my own costs have gone up.  So, again, time for a change! 
I am always open to ideas and suggestions.  If there is something you are interested in learning, let me see if I can make it happen. 
Now to start scheduling.  I hope to post the schedule next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment