Saturday, April 4, 2020

LOOKING AROUND

Colorful nasturtium flowers
During a day of not feeling well in which I finally had to admit it was only stress and tension, I opted to be a couch potato and just binge watch series that I like.

That left me invigorated and ready to go today. Heading out the back door for a walk in the canyon, I ended up going down the hill into neighborhoods and Coast Highway. Nothing new to see, really, yet looking around in new ways and with new eyes toward...what? creativity? possibility?

On the way down the hill I had spotted several patches of nasturtium and, while I don't really care for the bitter taste of the leaves, I thought I might pick a big pocketful of the flowers to saute. Of course, when the heat and oil hit, they dwindled to such a small bit that I now had to think of what could I possibly do with this tiny handful of sauteed nasturtium.

Omelet for dinner! Eggs, chopped spinach, crumbled feta,,some spices, and of course the nasturtium saute. Voila! And pretty yummy.

Guess I will have to keep just looking around.....

And when I'm not.....


No comments:

Post a Comment