Friday, March 5, 2021

MUSING ON MUSES


A slut? No, I don't think my muse is a slut. I've heard the muse called this, but.....

Slut (n)--a lazy, careless, or slovenly woman; a lewd or dissolute woman.

The muse after which I chase is spunky, quixotic and often flighty. She is quirky and changeable. At times elusive or downright evasive, she is definitely a tease.

My muse is not lazy, careless, or slovenly. She is neither immoral nor depraved, though at times self-indulgent. Now and then a little crazy, perhaps, but in an endearing, charming and delightful way.

This muse of mine definitely keeps me on my toes and there is never a dull moment with her. Sometimes she is serious and intense and at other times wonderfully fanciful and filled with laughter, even giggles.

I trust my muse to know more than I do as she leads me at times down mysterious paths that seem far too difficult--challenging, beckoning, daring me to at least try. She constantly asks me to use all my senses--to see more deeply, to listen with greater intensity, to touch with heightened sensitivity, to taste the exotic strangeness of flavors, to smell the subtle nuances of fragrance.

The end may not always be in sight, but rather unknown and unplanned. This is both exciting, titillating, and even a little bit scary. Invariably, the risks lead to an opening of creativity. Out of what often appears chaotic comes that wonderful something that each artist seeks.

No slut my muse, but a seductive and intriguing character that I shall continue chasing after. She IS inspiration.

And you muse? Tell me about her....




 

No comments:

Post a Comment