Saturday, April 17, 2021

CONNECTIVE TISSUE



Shadow and light rest on the hills like casual clothing as the sun eases its way down the western sky. As I watch I can feel the world around me and in me. And I wonder...what do I choose to have pass through me? 

The answer rises up. I choose energy, creative energy, and the connections engendered by this.  I am reminded of the words of John Muir: The sun shines not on us, but in us. The rivers flow not past, but through us, thrilling, tingling, vibrating every fiber and cell of the substance of our bodies, making them glide and sing.

For me, this connection exists not only in nature, but while utilizing energy to create, whether an art piece or a special meal or a home or garden design. This is flying. This is gliding and singing and tingling and vibrating. 

Let me at it!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment