Thursday, July 8, 2021

POSTAL MAGIC...THE YEAR OF THE POSTCARD

One of the things that I will always remember about the pandemic in which we have found ourselves is the magic of creating postal art in the form of postcards to send in order to stay connected when in-person visits were not happening.

Recently, on Instagram, I spotted this note about the "year of the postcard" and realized that I was definitely not alone in my embracing of this means of communicating.

For years now a part of the Mixed Media Playtime workshops has been that each participant draws a name of one of the others and sends that person a postcard they have created in the workshop. I have a huge collection of these postcards and cherish them as connection to current and past students.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment