Wednesday, November 23, 2022

THANKFUL


Thanksgiving just might be my favorite holiday of all. No, it's not the turkey or stuffing or mashed potatoes or even the pumpkin pie. It is the pause to reflect on the things for which to be thankful.

For me, thanks are due not so much for things, though I am grateful for a roof over my head and food on my table. No, gratitude for me is about people and connections, I think.

I am thankful for a supportive family unit that is healthy and whole. I am thankful for friends and relationships that give me joy and opportunity to grow. I am thankful for the opportunity to give back through the Sawdust Art Enrichment Fund--philanthropic arm of the Sawdust Art Festival--and for the many wonderful connections through this giving. I am thankful for creative juices that continue to flow. I am thankful for the opportunity to hold art workshops that fuel me in innumerable ways, not least of which is the delight I feel when joining together with the many creative students involved.

And, last but not least (and I'm certain I have forgotten so many things), I am thankful for each and every day in this beautiful place I call home.


No comments:

Post a Comment