Tuesday, January 17, 2023

WHAT A GOOD WORD TO SAVOR FOR THE YEAR OF THE RABBIT...LET'S HOP TO IT!

 

When I participated in the Winter Fantasy at the Sawdust Art Festival the past two months I was a little handicapped for space to do my demonstration time.  Luckily, I came across a fun way to fold and cut bird ornaments that I then offered to attendees and fellow artists as "Freebirds."

Using strips of magazine pages and maps and whatever other papers struck my fancy I could walk about with scissors in my pocket and create these fun birds, which could be hung on a holiday tree or whatever else struck someone's fancy.

In cutting these creatures there was a bit of discard, which I simply dropped into a bag at my feet. When I took this bag home and dumped it I realized that I had an abundance of holiday trees. So....

A good start to the hop down the joy rode I'd say !!

And as Corrie ten Boom has reminded us..."joy runs deeper than despair."

No comments:

Post a Comment