Thursday, March 9, 2023

MY, OH MY, WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY...



 "Mr. Bluebird's on my shoulder..."

The song has always brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart, lightening my step on what could be a challenging day as well as lifting me higher on good days. So to find that it is getting such a bad rep from its association with the film "Song of the South" makes me sad.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah was my first "favorite song" at a very young age. I would listen to the record over and over and even today often find myself  humming the tune. It feels kind of like having a BFF who is a bit less than wholesome and yet you love them just the same.

Please, world, don't throw this  "baby out with the bath water."  It just seems like this is carrying things a mile too far. I wish the "happiest place on earth" had chosen to see the joy in the song rather than its political downside of things.

Just sayin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment