Saturday, July 6, 2019

NATURE CENTER?

While there is a wide variety of artwork in my Sawdust Art Festival booth (#205) this year, there is a strong feeling of nature going on. I have originals and prints featuring crows, of course! But, in addition I have been blessed for the second year in a row with baby birds. 

This year, the nest is tucked tight up under the roof above the power strip. All day there can be heard chirping in hunger and the garbled chirping of feeding time. 

There is a potted milkweed plant at the corner of the booth. Because of the monarch butterflies I had painted large and small, I thought it might be fun if I could attract the read thing. Well, as of today there are three caterpillars readying to become monarchs. The cocoons are so lovely and jewel-like that I await them with eager anticipation.

It may take a bit more tidying to keep the booth clean with all this nature going on, but it is so worth it and I thoroughly enjoy the many conversations sparked with festival guests.

Won't you come visit? We are open 10 to 10 every day through September 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment