Saturday, November 16, 2019

THE LAUGHTER KALEIDOSCOPE

RR Journal page section
Early morning. Fog shrouding the canyon, its moisture dripping from the eave. The first waking sounds of small birds....I love this time of day. Lying wrapped in sleep's leftover warmth, considering the day ahead.

The day would be a full one, even as I fight off a wanting-to-be head cold. After a good walk along the shore and a hot shower, I head off to a couple of scheduled meetings. Then, that taken care of, I can apply myself to finishing this month's Round Robin journal entry.

I had lingered too long over this one as my injured finger healed. Once the bandages came off after eight weeks, would I even then be able to draw and paint and freely create what I wanted to do?

Well, after the first shock of not being able to bend the finger, without manually helping it.... And, now, a week later, finger things are mostly back to normal, thank goodness. So I begin the play. Crazy little bird creatures, that I think of as wizards popped up. Then, a lovely quote from Jean Houston: "At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities."

Seems just about right to me. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment