Saturday, February 29, 2020

TOO SOON

Phil, age 5
Snippets of memory flood my mind...flashes from a childhood that seems by today's standards really free and full of exploration and experience that cost nothing. Just two years separated us, with me being the elder, and for years he would follow me around, getting pincurls when I did, copying so much of what I did. And when anyone would pick on him,he would simply declare that they'd better watch out because his big sister would beat them up. (Not at all sure what I would have done had anyone ever challenged that last one.)

We stayed close through most of our adult life until a family squabble changed all that. Sadly, we had not spoken for years. Still, when he passed this past week after a too long illness, I could not help but remember the good times instead.

R.I.P Phil

6 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you. Always remember the good times. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Emma ... So sorry and yet blessing ... ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending love and a deep wish for your spiritual reunion
    to bring you peace in your life now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete