Monday, March 16, 2020

POLLYANNA???

Abundant azalea

Walking friend Dean startled me a bit by referring to me as a Pollyanna yesterday. In some way I felt I could own it, but....."characterized by irrepressible optimism and a tendency to find good in everything." Yeah, probably more true than not. But other associated terms like "sweetness and light"...well, nah!

We are probably all struggling some with the issues surrounding the coronavirus pandemic (and the panic pandemic as well.) I was disappointed to feel the need to cancel my own mixed media workshop for this weekend once the governor requested all of us over 65 self-isolate. It was only out of an abundance of concern for others that I succumbed to the wisdom.

I feel great (and am well over that cut off of 65) but others are at greater risk and so compassion wins out. And I am shocked a bit by those who would say things are under control and we should be going out to restaurants and bars to support them. How can the risk of disease spread be supportive? 

So, while, yes I am optimistic and I know that this like so many other things shall pass (and I actually do see some good even coming from much of this), consciousness and caring are important too.

So remember to wash your hands, please...and often.

No comments:

Post a Comment