Wednesday, November 4, 2020

LEAN TO THE LEFT, LEAN TO THE RIGHT, STAND UP...


 On this morning following a contentious election (oh, yes, again!) am wondering about the constant labeling of all democrats as "left-wing radicals." Had been denying this with great force for myself and then suddenly this morning thought, "Well, perhaps I AM radical."

Radically opposed to sexual harassment and inappropriate touching.

Radically opposed to blatant and prolific lies.

Radically opposed to denigration of others for whatever reason.

Radically opposed to corruption.

Radically against cheating.

Radically at odds with mismanagement of our precious environment.

Radically disgusted with misuse of power.

Radically disturbed and frightened by flagrant wearing down of democracy.

...and I could go on, but guess you can get my drift. In these things, I am PROUD to be a radical democrat.

5 comments:

  1. I am feeling the same! This election has brought out such awfulness in so many! I am so disappointed in so many!
    Thank you for helping get me through the evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right back at you. My mantra is "Carry on. Carry on." And so we shall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you! It's going to take time, but I am trying to keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this Friday morning I am leaning toward radically content that we have a glimmer of a return to democracy. That so many came out to vote and be a part of the democratic process is heartening. Now, if only.....

    ReplyDelete