Tuesday, October 4, 2016

JOURNEYING JOURNALS

Envelopes can be fun too!
Thanks to long-time student Cindy Schaben I got started doing Round Robin art journaling a few months ago.  It sounded like so much fun to some of my other students that they wanted to start their own group.  So now there are two journals that I work on each month (Cindy does seven!) It can be a lot of fun to see what others are doing when the journals come around.
For me, I use the journals as a chance to try out new mixed media techniques that I might want to use in some larger art piece.  Others might use it as a way to get out some emotions that are fomenting. Some use it for practice, practice, practice.  However the journal is used by each individual, I think it is a great tool and thank Cindy for the push.  
It's also a fun kind of pay it forward thing as the post office employees seem to get a kick out of seeing the decorative envelopes being sent and the mail deliverers enjoy them as well.  Does it brighten their days?  I think it just might.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying the Round Robins. I love them because it forces me to make time to do art at home - I usually get too busy doing other things. And I love seeing everyone's art on the pages. Such a treat to receive one in the mail each month.

    ReplyDelete