Saturday, February 9, 2019

SLOWING IT DOWN

Finally! In creating a new angel to add to the collection I finally slowed enough to remember to document the steps.
Materials ready!




The first step was to gather some magazines and, of course, my trusty scissors. Since this was to be a Valentine angel I knew I would need some great reds. And so I began.


The first pieces are usually the head, arms, and legs. Often, the hair is the very last, but this time a special piece just called out to me.
















Now all the pieces are gathered. The wings and several other pieces were found by perusing an art catalog. Time to decide just how to place them.















This is the first placement. As I attach the various pieces some things tend to change, but placing the parts on the watercolor paper to start at least gives me a general idea of where I am going.















The pieces are all adhered now. Sometimes I use glue, sometimes matte medium. If using the medium, I recommend spritzing with a bit of water and using a brayer (I use a brayer to smooth pieces as I go in any case.) 

Now to the final step, which is to outline with a fine pen. I like Faber Castell PITT artist pen SX.











Ta-da!


2 comments: