Saturday, May 25, 2019

BRINGING FORTH

Another storm coming?
Rainer Marie Rilke said, "Everything is gestation and then bringing forth."What a wonderful description of the process of creativity.

The recent storms that gestated off shore and then came forth and getting ready for summer festivals like the Sawdust Art Festival have this and process in common. 

Am I pushing the analogy? Perhaps a bit, but it feels a bit "stormish" at this time of year as we prep for the several shows that take over the Laguna summer scene for so many of us. The momentum builds from the day in May when we choose our summer spot to build on right through until Preview Night in June.

As with a building storm's energy, there is a gathering of momentum and power right up to that six o'clock hour on June 25th when the gates are opened and the flood of guests surge onto the grounds. It's a lot! And we love it! 

I have new work and some from past seasons this year to display and sell in this my twentieth summer. I will take leave next year so this season has more "weight" than even usual for me as I seek to share my vision with others. Hope to see all of you there at some point between that opening moment and close of show just before Labor Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment