Friday, May 31, 2019

I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN...

Program cover
It has been a busy week and I have a feeling this is only the start of others like it, but I am striving to stay committed to the promised two blogs per week.

In between creating art and framing it and all the little bits and pieces of getting ready for the summer festival there was still time to have some wonderful family time. 

On Wednesday we had been invited to eight year old Felix's charter school in LA to see his class perform a wonderful play based on their field trips to various ocean themed sites.

The kids wrote and choreographed the entire play themselves and did an impressive job. The costuming was fantastic and all was coordinated and very well attended.

After the program we all spent the remainder of the day together. Some of us (and yes, I'm still a bit sore) engaged in some rowdy basketball together. I found it a struggle to match up to fourteen year old Christian, but hung in there. The long shots were what killed me...no three pointers for me!

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner together sharing what we found special about the day. Needless to say, everyone mentioned that the play was "IT." And the being all together.

Special family time for sure!!
Felix was an octopus


No comments:

Post a Comment