Thursday, December 17, 2020

SWEET TIME

 


Sweet time... as in "They took their sweet time about it." At least that seems to be the usual way we view the two words.

But sweet time can be something entirely different. Seems like there might be myriad possibilities for sweet time. Where would my own "sweet time" take me?

Clearly, it would often be outdoors. Beautiful, sunny December days beckon and I can think of no better way to respond than to put on my walking shoes, grab a bottle of water and a mask and just get going.

Birdsong and crisp morning air greet me each day as I step out the door. No rules. I can go anywhere I choose. And, in fact, it seems that during this enduro-pandemic that most of Laguna and a few other shoreline vistas have been explored on my sweet time, either alone or with walking companion, Catharine.

Post walk the days drift along, filled with household and gardening chores, time to read, card-making and other small art projects. No rush, no push/pull, no sense of must do or shoulds. Taking my own sweet time is just that and all about the beauty of simply being.

Sweet time stretches out like a long, soft ribbon floating on the ocean breeze. Absorption in the colors of the season, the warmth of the sun, and the cool touch of a breeze fill the sweet time. Treading along familiar roads and hidden pathways the time is filled with reminders of the beauties of our coastal town and how really fortunate we are to be here.

So often we are told time is of the essence. Perhaps so. Also, though sweet time IS the essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment