Wednesday, March 27, 2019

DAVID ZINN--CREATING FOR THE JOY OF IT!

Hard to believe 
I had already planned this blog post for today when I started out on my walk this morning. Plans changed when I saw this young man bent low and working again. I had seen him yesterday, but did not know what he was doing. Today, I stopped and was blessed to get to talk to the phenomenal David Zinn.

I have been following his work for a while and find the process and the work itself completely fascinating.

It's hard for some to understand an artist of this caliber working in chalk, drawing his wonderful monsters and animals in cracks in the sidewalk, on curbs, on objects found along the way...you name it. 

Sure, he is now making money doing this, but initially of course he was creating simply for the joy of creating.

David and I talked for a while about his process and where he lives in Michigan and even about hoarding. A delightful man; delightful creations. Tomorrow, I intend to walk around the whole town until I find more of his joy. Ultimately, there will be sixteen pieces created over the course of his five days here in Laguna. Also, there is a workshop in Heisler Park on Saturday. But I am content and happy having spoken with him today. He is even more special than I had thought.

Here's to continuing to create for the joy of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment