Friday, March 29, 2019

TEMPORARY ART, SURE...BUT WHY WOULD SOMEONE DESTROY IT?

Turtle from sidewalk weeds

David Zinn at work

Today I set out to find more of David Zinn's delightful creatures along the sidewalks and alleys of Laguna. I was convinced in my mind that there must be one at City Hall, but I had looked and looked on two separate days and today scoured the site with no result. So I texted someone who would know and she informed me that she was sad to say that it and one other had been "removed." I call that destruction myself, as it was certainly not sanctioned removal. SAD! Why wasn't the public allowed to view them all during this five day event? Kinda crazy. Of course the whole intent is temporary art, but this destruction just doesn't feel right somehow. Still, I treasure my time looking and the eight that I've found.
Tiny Pigasus portrait


No comments:

Post a Comment