Wednesday, March 20, 2019

PROUD AS A PEACOCK!

Quail disguised as a peacock?
Yeah, I know.  The image is a quail, not a peacock, but I don't think I have ever drawn or painted a peacock, so this is what you get.

Growing up, my mother somehow felt it was wrong to express pride. I didn't get it then and I don't get it now. There are just things I am darned proud of and proud to admit I am proud of. 

I am proud to be a trustee for a very worthwhile entity--Sawdust Art Enrichment Fund. This fund, started by a generous donation from artist John Eagle, offers art instruction FREE to underserved populations.

SAEF has funded classes for at-risk students through Project Access and KDF Homes. Illumination Foundation and American Family Housing have brought students--children and adults for classes taught by local artists and artisans.Thanks to a generous grant from the Festival of Arts Foundation we have been able to offer multiple classes to military and their family members. 

All of these efforts have proven to be extremely gratifying. 
And so, yes, I am proud to be a part of this organization and to serve with a group of other trustees whose part in this I value highly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment