Thursday, September 26, 2019

AND ONE MORE...

Johnna did some fun tiles
The eight women showed up excited to begin the workshop in alcohol inks on Sunday. Five wonderful, fun-filled hours ensued, with beautiful pieces for each and every student.

After introductions (which kept getting stalled for some reason), we began with a brief demo and experimentation on a variety of papers. The energy was high and we ignored the heat as play was the most important thing!

I wish I could show all the fantastic work created here on this page, but you will just have to believe me when I say it was pretty phenomenal.

And as far as how a workshop should be conducted, well, I cannot speak so much to my own part, but on that beautiful, energy-filled day, the students stepped up to the mark on every level. They shared ideas and techniques as they tried new things; they laughed and shared stories; they shared the wonderful foods they had each brought; they shared about other classes they had or were going to take. These things and so much more made up for the perfect workshop for my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment