Wednesday, January 15, 2020

AH, THE SEESAWS!

Balancing time
Do you remember being on a seesaw as a child and reaching down with your toes, trying to maintain the delicate balance with your friend on the other end?

Sometimes life seems a bit like that...the balancing so very tenuous.

In my previous blog post I spoke of wanting to keep it simple. Talk about a balancing act! WOW!

Two weeks into January and the simple too often already gets out of balance with too much, too many, too busy, too crazy. 

But commitment helps. This morning in the darkness of pre-dawn as I scrunched down into the warmth of the blankets, I heard the hoot of the neighborhood owl. It seemed to be ever so wisely reminding me of the simple, the balance. So, though I wanted to stay snug and warm, up I popped and headed for that first cup of coffee, committed to the healthy and simple choice of a morning walk.

As they say, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment