Friday, January 17, 2020

SWEET TIME

Sweet time
She was taking her own sweet time about it....

Doesn't that sound kinda negative? But when I stop to think about it sweet time sounds pretty great. This really got me thinking...what would I count as sweet time? Where would it take me?

Outside, of course. Beautiful, sun-drenched days always beckon. I can seldom think of a good reason to ignore the call, put on my walking shoes, grab a bottle of water and just head out. Even these brisk mornings seem not to deter me from hitting the road, so to speak.

Birdsong greets me each day as I head out of the door. What a great start! There are no rules. I can walk as far as I want and take my "sweet time."

As it turns out, sweet time for me is all about the beauty of simply being. Taking my own sweet time is slow and easy and could last forever. No negatives there.

The ease of this is welcome and exhilarating. It even occurs to me that not only is time of the essence as we have so often heard, but time IS the essence. At least this seems true with "sweet time."

What does sweet time look like to you? (and, please don't say it's a negative thing.) What discoveries can you find in this special time? Where does it take you?

For me, I will continue my wandering and watching and sitting and taking my own sweet time as it stretches out like a long, soft ribbon on the ocean breeze at the edge of the shore. 


1 comment:

  1. Sweet time for me, begins when my eyes open.
    When I was told, that my only hope to live, was to fined a living kidney donor, my perspective on life became more urgent.
    Fortunately, one of my son’s was a match and volunteered.

    Now, I cherish the sweet time, that bubbles all during the day and yes the walk along the bay every day also very sweet!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete