Saturday, October 26, 2019

WHAT IS LEFT BEHIND

Footsteps in the sand
This morning in the dark of pre-dawn, as the chirping of rising birds sounded outside, I found myself thinking of not only what we leave in our wake, but also what is left after something like the recent road trip taken with daughter Jenna.

While describing the trip in brief to friend Maggie I realized I was mostly leaving out the "left behinds" like joy and laughter that come from shared moments with a loved one. I was leaving out the exhilaration of a completed hike. I omitted the feeling of awe of standing atop a white sand dune while others stretched out seemingly forever. The musical notes still singing in my head from Jenna's huge collection of song was yet another, vast, lingering thing.

Memories and more........

No comments:

Post a Comment